I just had a cancer scare.
Thankfully, everything turned out fine......this time. Ya see, breast cancer runs rampant on my mom's side of the family. She and all four of my aunts have had it, as well as my grandmother. Now that I'm 38, my husband and I decided it was time I had my first mammogram done. Good thing I did. They discovered a lump that I had to have biopsied to find out if it was benign or not. Getting the good news I got.....
I'm cancer free!!!!!!!!
I decided to needed to cut out the parts of my life that could lead to cancer. I decided to quit smoking.....
for good.
I tried cold turkey too many times to count. I've never been successful at it. I've heard that the meaning of insanity is do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result each time. Well, I'm not crazy....
most of the time.
I needed a better way. So I started to cut back.
I know, I know. That usually never works either, but this time I had a plan. A pack of cigarettes would typically last me a day and a half. As I got more into my "cut back" I noticed that a pack would last me 3 and 4 days, consistently. I thought I was on to something! I continued cutting back and made it to where a pack would last me an entire week. By the time I got to the last cigarette it was stale.
I smoke menthols.....ewe!
Smoking stale menthols is like eating stale cheetos. Ugh! At that point I thought I was ready to give it up completely. I tried.....I failed.
Damn!
Then my husband's uncle showed him his "electronic cigarette." My husband tried it and said it was just like the real thing, except the "smoke" you drew in and exhaled was really a cool water vapor. He said it felt and tasted like cigarettes, but there was no after smell and there was no smoke at all. The vapor disappeared in seconds he told me. I got really curious and paid a visit to his uncle. He let me try it, he smokes menthol cigarettes too, and I could really taste the menthol. It felt like I took a drag from a regular cigarette, and I looked like smoke I blew out but it was vapor. I took a second hit and blew it out on my hand it the vapor was cool. There was no smell, no ash, no second hand smoke. I'm kind of an odd smoker. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, but I love to smoke.
My husband's uncle went on to explain that the flavor comes from the cartridge on the end (that looks just a like a filter) and the vapor is generated when you take a drag. There is a small atomizer inside of it that creates the vapor. The atomizer is powered by a lithium-ion battery in the barrel of the cigarette. It's slightly heavier than a real cigarette, but the feel of it and the vapor hit were awesome. I had to have one of my own.
So my husband, his uncle and I jump in the car and my husband and I get our starter kits. We assembled the e-cigs, as I like to call them, and we were vaporizing. It's been about a week since we started and he's given up "analogs" completely. I'm still working on it, but I know I'll be done with them soon. I haven't bought another pack of analogs and I won't either. I've already saved on the price of a pack of smokes. When I add all that up over say, a year, it's a lot o'money I'll save compared to maintaining my e-cig. Come to think about it, since there's no flame either, I won't have to buy lighters or lighter fluid or matches anymore. Smoking is quite the expensive habit! I can't count the number of times I searched high and low for something to light a cigarette with. Or the number of times I nearly burned the tip of my nose trying to light one on the stove. Not only is smoking expensive, it's dangerous on so many levels! Not with my e-cig! I learn about the benefits daily.
A cartridge, so far, lasts me about 5 days and a cartridge equals about 1 to 2 packs. You can even choose the level of nicotine you want. I've started with the high, but I'll work my way down until I eventually get to zero nicotine. I'll keep up with my e-cigs, even after that point for so many reasons.
1 - I don't stink
2 - I still feel like I'm smoking
3 - There's no second hand smoke
4 - I can smoke an e-cig anywhere, literally. There's no tobacco and no smoke. I don't break any laws.
5 - They're soooo cool!
Whenever I feel the need for a smoke, I pull out my e-cig and puff away. I charge the battery with the USB charger that came in the kit. When it needs a charge, there is less vapor and the glowing end blinks. Then you simply unscrew the battery from the cartridge, screw it into the USB charger, and plug it into any computer's USB port. Mine takes less than an hour to charge. My husband's takes 2 to 3 hours so charging time varies. So far I'm thoroughly enjoying my e-cig, but I rarely do something of this magnitude without first doing some research, but I tried it so I bought it. Now I'm doing some research and finding out some really interesting facts. I'll share as I find info.
Well it's late now and I'm sleepy. I'll hit my e-cig a few times and call it a night.
Ni-night!
No comments:
Post a Comment